Top 10 reasons to choose the Amalfi Coast as your wedding destination!
If you are considering a wedding abroad and are unsure on which location to choose then here are ten reasons to consider Italy’s beautiful Amalfi Coast! Romanticised in the 1960s, this coastline was famous for attracting Hollywood movie stars and few places in the world can surpass its spectacular allure with quiet bays, stunning scenery and crystal blue seas. Here are my top ten reasons to choose this beautiful part of the world for your wedding destination:
- The Scenery - Upon arriving at one of my venues, Villa Antiche Mura in Sorrento, I remember being blown away by the incredible view as I walked up the steps of the villa and looked out over the sea across the bay of Naples. My stomach literally turned over and I could only imagine how excited I would be as a bride, the sun beaming down on the main terrace, aperitif in hand and all of my loved ones around me. The scenery is truly breath-taking across the entire Amalfi coast and definitely needs to be seen to experience the emotion that it instils in you!
- The Food - This is Italy so surely this goes without saying! The Italians of course take great pride in their culinary abilities and the menu suggestions on offer for your big day are amazing. Four courses, often inclusive of a speciality wedding cake are pretty standard! A lot of the venues customise their menus to the bride and groom’s individual tastes so you can ensure you and your guests are well catered for!
- The Wine - Obviously Italy is not just famous for its fresh locally sourced food but also the wine that compliments it so well.
- The Climate - Summer in Italy offers temperatures that won’t disappoint! The climate in the South of Italy remains mild for most of the year. And even if you get a rainy day, don't despair as Italian tradition deems it lucky for a bride to have rain on her big day. The sun drenched terraces in the summer months overlooking the bay of Naples make for wonderful wedding photographs too.
- That’s amore! - Italy is renowned for being the country of love and romance! It’s not unusual to see couples strolling through the piazzas hand in hand, gazing into each other’s eyes, so what better setting to celebrate your wedding and love for one another?
- It’s not as expensive as you think! - Most venues in Sorrento, Ravello and Positano offer amazing packages in incredible settings that back in the UK would undoubtedly cost a small fortune! Your extra budget can be spent on additional activities such as a boat trip to explore the coast or a cooking lesson, wine tasting class or just making the most of your special time spent with friends and family!
- Warm hospitality - The tourist industry is very important in the South of Italy and the Italians are renowned for their warm hospitality. Whether you choose formal dining for your wedding breakfast or something more relaxed, be reassured that you will receive the best service from start to finish, from all of the professionals around you!
- Short Flight Time - Flights to Italy from the UK are affordable for most with many budget airlines such as easyjet offering direct routes from major aiports. What’s more the flight time is under 3 hours to Naples so for friends and family travelling with children they do not have to worry about lengthy flight times!
- Customised to you - Your wedding reception can be as formal or informal as you want it to be, with the timings of the day to suit your requirements. From exclusive villas to smaller restaurants, there is a venue to suit every taste and every budget.
- Accommodation options to suit all budgets - Unlike some long haul destinations, Italy can be done on a budget. Therefore more of your family and friends may be able to make the trip to share in your magical day!